Sunday, June 7, 2009

Downey Greek Festival







The festival was a great day. Elijah & I took the tour of the 6Th Century Byzantine style sanctuary. The gentleman Themy that gave the tour was very informative. He took us through all the iconography in the church and the meaning of each piece. My favorite is when you look up at the ceiling from anywhere in the church you get the feel you are being embraced by Mary & Jesus. This church is absolutely beautiful. I love the Getty.This tour of the sanctuary made me feel like I was seeing the same type of art from the Renaissance period this church has very rich history. The souvalakia which is a meat stick was good. It was a sight to see all the rotisserie lamb. The live music & dancing was a wonderful day to celebrate the day. We had fun with all the kids in the kids zone. Turned out to be a very great day with friends at the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment