Thursday, June 11, 2009

Spring Fling








Today was a volunteer breakfast at my son’s school and Spring Fling where all the kids perform dances according to their grade. I attended both. His teacher Mrs. Aguirre has been wonderful. She instills self worth in her children by allowing them to take risks. Good risks allowing them to succeed. She has the attitude of “praise & reward the human Spirit.” Her philosophy is let’s get back to the human spirit, this is brilliant to me. Instilling in them to make good choices & do the right thing. I am honored my son had this teacher who received the Masonic teachers award this year. She definitely guided our children in an encouraging, positive and consistent environment fostering self esteem. I will miss hearing kitty gato, my Chickadees, let’s use walking feet “put on our magic shoes” and her animated brilliance that works so well with young children. She says, “No Biggie” when a child makes a mistake she will dismiss the behavior & never think about it again. She believes forgiveness is huge at this age and she teaches through example. She is very consistent .I had so much fun observing & volunteering! Oh so many life lessons for both Elijah & I learned this year in first grade, Thank You Mrs. Aguirre!! Another women I have so much admiration for Carrie Redfox & I at the breakfast. Elijah with his thrashed lei. All the kids did wonderful.Jaden & Natalya so cute. Francie & Elijah crazy cousins!! Picture from the field trip with Mrs. Aguirre enjoying the lorikeet Australian bird!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's the best when your child has a great teacher. Glad you both enjoyed this school year! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete