Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shave It


Elijah & I went to try out the new shaved ice place in Norwalk today on Studebaker & Firestone. The place is called Shave it. When they were building it I though it was a Barber Shop. Any way the concept is really cool you pick what flavor you want & you can even mix it with ice cream. The motif is really cool you feel like your in a ice castle the way they did the tiles, mirrors and walk way. They definitely sell an atmosphere even though the shaved ice was excellent. There is three flat screen TV’s playing core sports such as surfing, snowboarding & “skurfing.”(Skurfing-is like water skiing but with a surf board) The music is really hip & set’s the vibe. I felt far away ,like I was out of town, hip beach feel. The shaved ice was $3.09 but we got so much more from this cool find. It reminded me of my first job at Penguins. The videos reminded me of my Father who used to be a avid surfer. My Billabong poster’s that used to be all over my room when I was a tween. Even reminded me of walking to Stone wood for an ice cream at Thrifty’s for 10 cents! I liked what I read on the menu “If your going to walk on thin Ice, you might as well dance!!” On the following link the Dictionary was a fun read and in Ice Life the "shaveit-izms" http://shaveitnation.com/frames.html


No comments:

Post a Comment