Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vacation Bible School

Today we wrapped up another year of Vacation Bible School. Volunteerism is something I am very passionate about, this will be my third year at VBS volunteering. This week I had a group of 20 first grade students. All the children were well mannered, full of lot’s of energy , big smiles & laughter. Children from the community participate in a week of fun filled bible stories, games, music & arts & crafts. On Thursday night we had an ice cream social & the kids sing the songs they learned and parents come to watch. The kids wore their pirate headbands they made in craft on Tuesday. When the children sing my heart melts. It’s like heaven opens up, the church comes alive with their sweet little voices echoing through the church. The theme of the week was The Pirates who don’t do anything & calling all Hero’s. I am an advocate for children and they all are hero’s to me! Here is a picture of some my Family at the performance. This is a picture from last year of Carrie, Stephanie & I at VBS.I have learned so much humility from these two women. I am very grateful for this opportunity to be a part of VBS and work with so many wonderful people.







1 comment:

  1. Boo! My babies are still to small for VBS, But I think they will love it. And I love volunteering for the kids too. Every child is such a blessing and pleasure. It is wonderful to see smiles and make them laugh.

    ReplyDelete